Erik Loehfelm, Director
Erik Loehfelm (he/him) has been a member of the board since DisArt was granted it’s 501(c)3 status in 2016. Erik has more than 25 years of experience as a creative professional. He is a Partner and Experience Designer at EKKO Studio, a full-service digital design agency focused on innovation, marketing, digital storytelling, rich and compelling digital content creation, and the craft of design. Erik is also an adjunct professor at Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, Michigan where he teaches design for digital.
Key areas of expertise:
- Customer Experience (CX)
- User experience design (UX)
- Design systems
- User Interface Design
- Digital marketing process and performance
- Digital product strategy, design, execution, and management
- Mobile application design
- Design leadership and team building
- User-centered design process
- Interactive prototyping
- User experience strategy
Recent speaking engagements:
- MobileBeat – Contextual Design for Mobile
- Future Insights Live, Las Vegas: Growing Up as a Desktop App in a Mobile World
- Future or Mobile London: Designing Elegant UX Across Devices and Platforms
- MobileBeat – Contextual Design: Creating the Anytime Everywhere Experience
- AIM West – The Interaction Association of West Michigan: Mobile Superstars
Top trends I’m watching:
- Enterprise design systems and design and innovation management.
- Content marketing strategy, process, operations, and performance tracking.
- Conversational interfaces and how they are leveraged in an evolving experience landscape.
- Wearables, sensors and IoT and how they shape experiential design, consumer behavior and end customer line of sight.
Specialties: CX, UX, UI, inbound marketing, marketing strategy, content creation, creative team management, innovation strategy, creative direction, design leadership, design thinking, user-interface design, mobile and tablet application design, interaction design, interactive strategy, mobile strategy, animation, brand and identity design, business development, creative/technical liaison, photography, 3D and 2D illustration
< Back to Staff and Board